A message on COVID-19 from our owners, Sara & Jason
Our Steve’s Ace Family is just that—a family made up of associates, guests and the communities we serve. The health, safety and overall wellbeing of our family, and yours, is always our top priority.
With this in mind, we are closely monitoring the rapidly-changing situation around COVID-19 (commonly referred to as coronavirus), responding to new information as it arises and preparing for all possible scenarios, with the goal of continuing to safely serve you in our stores.
In addition to following the guidance provided by the CDC, WHO and local health departments, we are regularly consulting top medical experts as we implement our response. Out of an abundance of caution, we have taken the following steps beyond our usual high standards:
- We prepared our associates and re-emphasized existing sanitation and illness policies, including frequent and proper handwashing.
- We have implemented enhanced protocols for cleaning and sanitizing our stores, including cleaning more frequently and sanitizing areas with frequent traffic.
- We’ve emphasized what associates can do to keep themselves and others safe, including not touching one’s face, and staying home if sick.
We are also offering free curbside pickup on all orders and free local delivery for Ace Rewards customers with purchases over $50. All of this will ensure you can get what you need without having to come inside the store and in contact with others if you wish. Follow the guidelines below to use these services:
- Make your list
- Call us at either location – Locust (563-588-9755), JFK (563-690-1500)
- Give our associate your order & we will process your payment over the phone
- Our associates will do your shopping for you, bag them, and have them ready to be picked up or delivered
- Pick Up Orders – when you are here, call us and let us know you are in the parking lot, we will then delivery your items directly to your car
Our curbside and delivery services are optional and our stores will continue to remain open for all who wish to shop in person. We will always follow the guidance of local health officials as we continue to manage this in our community.
Please note that we are low or out of a lot of the cleaning and other products you’re looking for. We are monitoring and checking for additional product throughout the day, every day. Some products are trickling in and we are also limited by Ace as to how many we can buy, so that all stores can benefit.
As so many of us adjust our daily routines, we at Steve’s Ace Hardware want you to know that we are doing everything we can to support our customers and our community. We will do everything possible to remain open and continue with our normal hours while this emergency is going on. We really care about our customers and our community and we are here to help you. We don’t just work here, we live here, too.
Thank you in advance for your continued support and patronage of local businesses.
Sara & Jason Carpenter & the rest of the Steve’s Ace Team
For the most current information on COVID-19, including government health guidelines, visit: